1. Bailiwick I only found out the existance of this word in mid-2006. How is that possible?
2. Ramekin It’s not often that a common kitchen item can bring such glee. I admit that I use this one around the house with the same sideways look that Dr. Evil uses when he says “million”.
3. Newfangled I was quite surprised to find out that this is NOT two words separated by a hyphen or “new-fangled”. Who knew? But then that would require “fangled” to be a word…
4. Unwieldy Can be used in actual conversation WAY more often than you’d think!
5. Insipid One of those words that just sounds like what it means. And when your synonyms are “jejune”, “banal” and “vapid” – you’ve won.
6. Algorithm NOT like the rhythm of love.
7. Fissile Bam!